Diabetic Beef Stew Recipe
I made this diabetic beef stew recipe last night. I loved it and so did my whole family. While it tastes good, there are several aspects of the recipe that make it much healthier than a normal beef stew.
First, I use sirloin instead of stew beef. Yes, it is more expensive, but I typically use less than most comparable recipes. Portion control, does have its advantages!
Second, I don’t use potatoes. Instead, I use rutabaga. I know it is unusual, but it is very good. Some people like to substitute parsnip. Check out the nutritional differences between the three ingredients at the bottom of the page.
The nutritional content above is approximate, per serving. This dish is based on 3 servings.
- Video Share: TEDx Talk – Rethinking a Diabetes Cure
- Act Locally! Raising Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Crystal Ball
- Text Messaging Reduces Diabetes by 36 Percent!
- CNOGA: World’s First No Prick Glucose Meter
- Dr. Dean Ornish: Healing Yourself Through Diet
- Harsh Criticism For the ADA
- Diabetes Drugs: 10 More Years of Little Progress
- New Cinnamon Study and Diabetes Health
- 1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!