How to Pray for Diabetes
How does one pray for diabetes? Ask 10 clergy members and you will probably get 10 different answers. Prayer is a very personalized ritual. If done with faith and sincerity, there really is no wrong way to do it. Nonetheless, let’s take a look at some general thoughts on the subject.
Establishing a ritual to your prayer can be important for some people. Often, praying in the same way, location and manner can increase the connection one feels when praying.
Location: Choosing a calm and quiet location to pray is suggested.
Position: Kneeling or adopting a meditation pose is common.
Prepare: Calming and focusing one’s mind is very important. Ways to do this include deep breathing, lighting incense, ritualized washing, listing to a bell chime.
Personally, I like to recite the Lord’s Prayer to focus my mind. The prayer is as follows:
Our father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven Give us this day, our daily bread. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation but deliver is from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever. Amen.
There are countless experts who advocate prayer for curing illness. While opinions vary amongst the experts, the one clear agreement is that mere words are not enough. Whether you pray for diabetes relief or for a new pet, you have to have feeling and faith behind the message.
One of the most famous Clergy of the 20th century was Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, author of many best selling books including The Power of Positive Thinking. In that book, he lists 5 fundamental aspects for praying to cure an illness.
- A complete willingness to surrender oneself into the hands of God.
- A complete letting go of all error such as sin in any form and a desire to be cleansed in the soul.
- Belief and faith in the combined therapy of medical science in harmony with the healing power of God.
- A sincere willingness to accept God’s answer, whatever it may be, and no irritation or bitterness against His will.
- A substantial, unquestioning faith that God can heal.
Dr. Peale goes on to say that holding a vision of you or a loved one as completely healthy is also very important. Don’t dwell on the negative!
“And all things, whatsoever you shall ask in prayer, believing, you shall receive.” Matthew 21:22
- Video Share: TEDx Talk – Rethinking a Diabetes Cure
- Act Locally! Raising Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Crystal Ball
- Text Messaging Reduces Diabetes by 36 Percent!
- CNOGA: World’s First No Prick Glucose Meter
- Dr. Dean Ornish: Healing Yourself Through Diet
- Harsh Criticism For the ADA
- Diabetes Drugs: 10 More Years of Little Progress
- New Cinnamon Study and Diabetes Health
- 1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!