1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!
Here is an interesting piece on the possible use of legislation to help stem the diabetes impact. What’s interesting to me about the article is that it mainly discusses how you and me need to be controlled and really places no emphasis on industry.
Certainly, I believe in personal responsibility and people making the right health choices. Nonetheless, I also believe that much of the poor nutrition in this country stems from both large corporations and the government promoting unhealthy lifestyles.
The article also cites to a person who holds the title:
Laboratory Science, Policy and Practice Program Office, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA. [emphasis added]
Wow. Did you know there was an “office of Surveillance” at the CDC? I’ll let you read the article from Medical Express if you want to see what could be coming down the pike to control you and how you live.
However, if you want to learn more about how big business and the government have colluded to create a very unhealthy nutritional environment, take a look at the following resources.
- The China Study, Dr. Colin Campbell (last 100 pages or so)
- Food Inc., Karl Weber (editor)
- No Happy Cows, John Robbins
There are many more, but if you read further, you will probably be surprised by how much of what you knew about nutrition is just slick marketing and food engineering to get you to buy certain unhealthy food products. Ok, my rant is over!
- Video Share: TEDx Talk – Rethinking a Diabetes Cure
- Act Locally! Raising Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Crystal Ball
- Text Messaging Reduces Diabetes by 36 Percent!
- CNOGA: World’s First No Prick Glucose Meter
- Dr. Dean Ornish: Healing Yourself Through Diet
- Harsh Criticism For the ADA
- Diabetes Drugs: 10 More Years of Little Progress
- New Cinnamon Study and Diabetes Health
- 1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!