World Diabetes Stats: Top 10 Countries With Diabetes
You may know that over 371 million people are estimated to have diabetes throughout the world. What you may not know are the countries with the most people who have the disease.
While the United States has the third most cases of diabetes, India has almost 2.7 times our number and China has over 4 times the cases of people with diabetes.
Here is the Chart from the International Diabetes Foundation showing the numbers:
Do any of the countries surprise you? I didn’t think Japan had so many cases and I was surprised to see Russia pulling down the No. 5 slot. All in all, this is not a good list to be on.
If you want to see the numbers for every country in the world, check out the World Diabetes Atlas from the IDF.
- Video Share: TEDx Talk – Rethinking a Diabetes Cure
- Act Locally! Raising Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Crystal Ball
- Text Messaging Reduces Diabetes by 36 Percent!
- CNOGA: World’s First No Prick Glucose Meter
- Dr. Dean Ornish: Healing Yourself Through Diet
- Harsh Criticism For the ADA
- Diabetes Drugs: 10 More Years of Little Progress
- New Cinnamon Study and Diabetes Health
- 1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!