Top 10 Selling Diabetes Drugs
I have published a lot of news items recently on the explosion of diabetes. Well, what was big business is becoming bigger business. The latest figures are for 2012 and the following table shows the Top 10 Diabetes Drugs.
Interestingly, Standard & Poor’s estimates that the diabetes drug market will rise from $35 billion in 2013 to over $58 billion in 2018. That’s a rise of over 65 percent in fewer than 5 years! This is huge!!
Take a look at your Top 10 diabetes medications list:
|NovoRapid/NovoLog||Novo Nordisk||$2.8 billion|
|Humalog||Eli Lilly||$2.438 billion|
|Human Insulins||Novo Nordisk||$2.403 billion|
|Victoza||Novo Nordisk||$1.761 billion|
|Levemir||Novo Nordisk||$1.758 billion|
|Novo Mix 30||Novo Nordisk||$1.658 billion|
You can get much greater detail on each drug, including some of its regulatory hurdles and upcoming competition over at Fiercepharma.com.
- Video Share: TEDx Talk – Rethinking a Diabetes Cure
- Act Locally! Raising Diabetes Awareness
- Diabetes Crystal Ball
- Text Messaging Reduces Diabetes by 36 Percent!
- CNOGA: World’s First No Prick Glucose Meter
- Dr. Dean Ornish: Healing Yourself Through Diet
- Harsh Criticism For the ADA
- Diabetes Drugs: 10 More Years of Little Progress
- New Cinnamon Study and Diabetes Health
- 1984 and Diabetes: Big Brother’s Coming!